Sunday, January 10, 2016

love poem to poetry

my heart beats louder than the voices of 2500 teenagers. 

and i've never felt more alive

hands shaking like a 7.5 on the richter scale. 
mind racing faster than usain bolt

but I can't get you off my mind. 

and I wanted to say thank you, and i'm sorry. 

because last year I bought a ticket to Paris. 
I didn't speak the language, and the locals intimidated me. 

and #realtalk I was a tourist at times

and i'm sorry. and I don't know what I'm trying to say, 

but the words I wrote never felt good enough for you. 

so i sat at a table for one, pulled out my favorite pen, and I learned to love you. 

you taught me that writing can fix most things.

and that the other things can usually be fixed with crying and comfort food. 

and I don't know what I'm trying to say but my head is running out of breath and my heart is slowing down and i'm running out of metaphors. 

but I wanted to say thank you, and I'm sorry. 

thank you. and I love you. 



1 comment: