Sunday, November 15, 2015

love paris

my heart used to be so young.

my heart started crying the first day it heard about pain

it kept saying that "it wasn't fair, and couldn't they understand that it wasn't fair?" 

but nobody listened. 
and my heart got tired of speaking.
and my body could only handle so much salt

my heart started to shudder when it first heard about death.

the doctor said it was an "atrial flutter" and that my heart should stop worrying.

(but that didn't stop my heart from worrying)


and my heart started cracking when it heard about Paris.

and all it could say was
whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy
timed to its own beating.

but
our hearts used to be so young.



2 comments:

  1. (but that didn't stop my heart from worrying)"

    LOVED THAT LINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my body could only handle so much salt

    this is so good. this line especially but the entire thing especially.

    ReplyDelete