Saturday, November 28, 2015

denouement

i've written these words far too many times,
and the lines are starting to blend together

and i read somewhere that it takes four minutes to fall in love with someone,
but it's been four months, and what if no one cares.

but i wanted to tell you,

that when i laugh i cry
and sometimes i scream as loud as i can when i'm alone in the car
because i want to know what it feels like to be so alive.

and when i was twelve i cried because i knew i wouldn't go to hogwarts,
and my claim to fame is that i got swine flu one time at lagoon (no lie)

and i love my dog more than i love cake
and i like to listen to my music loud enough to hear it beating with my heart


and i just wanted to say thank you.
because

i heard it takes four minutes to fall in love with someone,
but it's been four months.
and i love you 



xo,          
                             erin marie mcdonald







18 comments:

  1. This was so lovely. I adore this reveal: it's simple and beautiful and everything.

    Very very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! Hi! Nice reveal :) I like how simple and honest this is

    ReplyDelete
  3. erin..! hello! nice to meet you all over again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! Sorry to hear about the swine flu though. I remember when that was the scariest thing since 9/11. It's so nice to meet you!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that whole 4 minutes/4 months thing is gold.

    also, I love your reveal and blog. it's good to see who you really are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this was fantastic! Your blog is simply amazing. Nice to meet you Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erin! You truly gave the best comments! And I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin! :) lovely reveal for a lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my this is incredible. I LOVE this.

    nice to meet you Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh Erin I love you!

    "i heard it takes four minutes to fall in love with someone,
    but it's been four months."

    That line slayed me, I love the full circle of it!

    Amazing reveal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Simple and beautiful and relatable.

    The four minutes/months and the opening lines and screaming out your car.

    Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh I love your blag. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha yes i loved this. you are so amazing and so is your writting

    ReplyDelete
  14. "my claim to fame is that i got swine flu one time at lagoon."
    Haha, I would claim fame for this too. And I love the four months four minutes thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've loved every second of your blog and i can't wait to continue reading. thank you for sharing your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  16. loved your blog. its really so good! your writing is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete